Boasting an all-new, more powerful, more compact engine with Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) combined with an all-new Twin Spar Aluminum Frame featuring the Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD), the 2010 CRF250R continues Honda’s long-standing position of class dominance. This latest CRF250R sets a higher benchmark for impressive power and class-leading handling all rolled into one competition-ready package.
New for 2010
• All-new, more compact engine.
• Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).
• Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD)-equipped aluminum frame
• All-new front and rear suspension, featuring upper and lower fork tubes and a shock body developed exclusively for the CRF250R chassis.
• Redesigned higher-capacity airbox for enhanced breathing and increased power also improves filter access.
• All-new single-muffler exhaust system improves mass centralization.
• All-new bodywork.
• All-new compact engine.
• Liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® 249cc engine.
• Engine completely redesigned for improved power delivery from a significantly more compact package that lowers the center of gravity and enhances mass centralization for improved handling.
• New forged slipper-piston material permits a thinner crown. Low-friction surface treatment ensures
• All-new Programmed Fuel Injection system (PGM-FI) utilizes a 50mm throttle body with 12-hole injector fed by lightweight 50-psi pump to ensure optimum fuel atomization and precisely targeted fuel charge. System also improves fuel consumption.
• PGM-FI system monitors throttle position, intake air and coolant temperatures and manifold pressure to accurately map fuel charge and ignition spark, significantly improving partial-throttle response and helping to ensure excellent rideability.
• AC generator enlarged to service the PGM-FI system. Two crankshaft position sensors quickly determine crank position to provide quick starts, hot or cold.
• New mechanical water pump seal improves durability
• Kashima coating applied to the clutch basket and clutch center improves clutch life and feel.
• All-new transmission ratios match engine power output.
• All-new HPSD-equipped Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head. Spar height was reduced (70mm to 66mm) and width was narrowed (27mm to 26mm). Stronger downtubes improve front-end feel.
• Steering response and overall handling were improved by positioning the front wheel 15mm farther back and closer to the crankshaft.
• Frame, steering head and swingarm modifications permit a reduction in triple-clamp offset (22mm to 20mm).
• Removable rear subframe was redesigned to eliminate brackets. Shape altered to improve air filter access and narrow the bike profile.
• HPSD features a compact damper attached to the lower triple clamp and the steering head to allow more aggressive steering characteristics and assist straight-line handling. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, which produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
• Pro-Link® Rear Suspension features exclusive Showa integrated reservoir with all-new damping and spring settings.
• Brake system integrates the rear master-cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate reservoir and hose.
• Link-type front-brake master cylinder and a lightweight brake rotor provide strong braking.
• Engine stop switch features an integrated LED pre-ride check indicator. This confirms the PGM-FI system is operating normally.
• All-new higher-capacity airbox improves filter access.
• PGM-FI tuning connectors located behind radiator shroud for easier access
• Redesigned larger radiators, improve cooling performance
• New fuel-tank tether eliminates need to disconnect fuel line to work on top end.
• Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest part of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
• Adjustable front-brake lever for improved control.
• Quick-adjust clutch perch for easy cable adjustment.
• Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 76.8mm x 53.8mm
Compression ratio: 13.2:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 30.5mm intake, titanium; 25mm exhaust, steel
Induction: PGM-FI, 50mm throttle body
Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/48T
Front: 48mm inverted Showa 16-position rebound and 18-position compression damping adjustability; 12.2 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 20-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (18 positions) and high-speed (1.5 turns); 12.6 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
Front: Dunlop 742FA 80/100-21
Rear: Dunlop D756 100/90-19
Wheelbase: 58.8 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27° 9’
Trail: 116mm (4.56 inches)
Seat Height: 37.6 inches
Ground Clearance: 12.8 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gallons
Curb Weight*: 226 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
Consult owner’s manual for optional parts.