APPLIED RACING 20 mm OFFSET FACTORY TRIPLE CLAMPS
APPLICATION: Available for all bikes (tested here on 2012 Kawasaki KX450F)
PRICE: $395.95 (clamps), $49.95 (aluminum steerer tube), $39.95 (lower bearing)
-6061 billet aluminum
-20 mm offset
-Bar mounts are reversible to allow for a 3mm or 9mm forward, more aggressive bar position
-Includes upper and lower clamps, choice of bar mounts, one-piece bar mount cap, and all required hardware
-Lifetime warranty to original purchaser
WHAT WE LIKE
- Construction of the 6061 and 7075 billet aluminum clamps is both beautiful and flawless.
- Installation was a snap. The precision machined fork bores accepted our bike’s Kayaba forks smoothly.
- Unlike some clamps we’ve tested, the Applied units didn’t need to “break in” and require tightening after the first ride.
- The more aggressive 20 mm offset allows the front end of the new Kawasaki to feel more planted in the corners, with a more precise feel at the handlebar.
- The handlebar clamps are reversible, and offer a 3 or 9 mm offset. We preferred the more-aggressive 9 mm setting.
- The clamps are available in both rubber and solid mount. We elected to try the solid mount, as we were looking for a more precise feel in the corners.
WHAT WE DIDN’T LIKE
- Though we selected a solid mount set, they did prove to be a tad harsher feeling than we had expected. That said, we recommend the rubber-mounted kit and will order that next time.
WHAT WE REALLY THINK
Applied Racing may not be known as the manufacturers of the fanciest or most accessorized clamps, but they are some of the best that money can buy. There are no frills, but they do boast flawless and beautiful construction.