With less than four weeks until Anaheim One, it is “go time” for everyone in the industry. Last minute negotiations as to who will wear/use/endorse what are evermore important and drawn out than what was considered normal say, seven or eight years ago, all thanks to the economy. While we still wait for many teams to announce their final rosters and sponsors, this much can be said:
- Suzuki will field only one rider, Brett Metcalfe.
- After playing Goldie Locks, Muscle Milk Honda’s Justin Brayton has chosen to wear the new 100% goggles. JDR KTM’s PJ Larsen will do the same.
- You can catch a glimpse of the new goggles on Larsen in this Answer Racing JDR KTM video.
- The entire Motoconcepts Racing team will be outfitted in JT Racing gear. It is rumored that the brand has new designs to debut, and that they are somewhat more modern than their current offerings.
- Milestone’s SX track is packed almost daily with riders. Blake Baggett, Tyla Rattray, Broc Tickle, Jimmy Albertson, Vince Friese, among others were spotted their this week. If you are riding at the facility in Southern California, it’s worth parking your bike for a few minutes to watch.
- Muscle Milk Honda’s Trey Canard will miss the early rounds of the season due to a fractured collarbone. The official press release can be read HERE. The injury came on Tuesday, and the word is that he may return by round three of the Supercross series. Trey had surgery to repair his collarbone on Thursday last week, and is obviously in good spirits, as evidenced by this photo that he Tweeted.