FLY RACING EVOLUTION SONAR RACEWEAR
PRICE: Jersey $45.95, pant $139.95, glove $36.95 (as shown with F2 Carbon Andrew Short Replica Helmet)
- Zipper lock system
- Patent-pending 2D buckle system
- Perforated 840D nylon construction
- Asterisk® Boot-Tether compliant
- Leather heat shield panels with Kevlar® stitching
- Ergonomically pre-shaped and fully vented knee
- Full-floating seat
- Multi-panel construction
- Low profile multi-directional Lycra® stretch collar
- Open zero-cuff with Lycra® gusset
- Tagless printed collar
- Mesh ventilation panels
- The 2D buckle system works great and will stand the test of time far greater than hook & loop closures (Velcro).
- Both pant and jersey provide excellent venting. The mesh panels in the jersey welcome plenty of air, while the perforated sections of the pant cool the legs.
- The jersey’s tagless, low-profile collar is super comfortable and welcomes any neck protection.
- Fit and finish of the Evolution gear rivals most any other premium gear.
- The extra buckle in between the zipper and outer flap adds more security to waist closure.
- Pant is very light considering the extra integration of buckles, etc.
- Outer flap of waist is secured by magnets… kinda sweet idea.
- While we like the cuff-less design of the jersey’s arms, we would prefer a bit smaller diameter opening. It runs just a hair loose for our taste.
- Gloves run a tad small.
- Glove cuff is longer than traditional designs and, ultimately, felt a bit constrictive.
Fly’s latest Evolution gear fits and functions well. We commend their new 2D waist-tightening design and zipper lock closure. Both the pants and jersey are light and provide great ventilation, yet maintain a reasonable price point. While the gloves weren’t our favorite, some may welcome the longer cuff. Check the Evolution gear out yourself at your local dealer or online at FlyRacing.com