The television package put together for this year’s Monster Energy Supercross season is huge. Never before has there been so many events broadcast live for people to view from the comfort of their own home or favorite watering hole. And adding to the extensive event coverage, CBS will be airing an exclusive inside look into the daily life of defending Supercross Champion Ryan Villopoto.
This Sunday, RV will be giving viewers a glimpse into what it takes to get to the top of the sport and stay there. The hour-long show is set to air at 12:00 PM eastern time and you won’t want to miss it. “I think it’s cool,” Villopoto said. “It’s a look into what goes on. It’s not that we [racers] just show up and race on Saturday then go home. We don’t have a lot of free time to chill and have fun—it’s nothing like that. It’s a lot of training, a lot of riding, working, appearances, and things like that. Our season is kind of never ending.” Even though the show is an hour, RV says that it will truly give a one-of-a-kind look into his life behind the scenes. “I think the people that are going to watch the show only know about 10 percent of what I do, and they see that on Saturday,” Villopoto said. “The other 90 percent is what gets done during the off-season and during the week. The weekends are supposed to be our easy days. I hope it’s going to be an eye opener for the fans that are going to watch it.”
Giving the show a level of authenticity and credibility is the fact that Troy Adamitis and the crew that that created the Great Outdoors and Inside the Outdoors series filmed it. According to RV, it was an easy choice to do the show when he knew Troy was involved. “I worked with Troy filming it for a little over a week,” Villopoto said. “But I think it ended up being about two weeks with different interviews and things like that. The reason that doing this wasn’t a struggle for me was because of the camera crew that was filming it. They’re really good at what they do and they stay out of the way. They basically work around what we have to do, and when someone approaches it like that, then it makes us as riders more open to saying yes.”
WATCH THE TRAILER BELOW