AURORA, Ill. (January 10, 2006) — Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series returns to Anaheim’s Angel Stadium this Saturday, February 4.
- This will be the 41st time the gate will drop in Anaheim.
- This is the sixth consecutive season Anaheim has hosted three rounds of AMA Supercross.
- The winner of the Anaheim 3 since 2001 has gone on to win the SX title 4 times. They are: Carmichael in ’01; Carmichael in ’02; Carmichael in ’03, Carmichael in ’05. Can he keep this going?
- This is the first time in McGrath’s career he did not qualify for a supercross main event.
- LaRocco will be making his 225th start. His first 250 start was in Miami in ’89. He finished 4th. Seventeen seasons later, LaRocco is still going.
- Since 2000, only six riders have been in the points lead. They are: McGrath, Carmichael, Vuillemin, Windham, Reed, and Stewart.
- Carmichael now has 70 all time supercross podiums … 3rd place behind McGrath and LaRocco. He currently has 34 consecutive podiums. He also has seven Anaheim wins … one more win and he ties McGrath’s record.
- Stewart won his 5th AMA Supercross race. He is now tied with Kiedrowski and Howerton on the all time supercross win list.
- Nick Wey picked up his 1st career podium. It was Honda’s first podium of the season.
- Wins by brand at Anaheim: HON-19, YAM-12, SUZ-5, KAW-4.
AMA Supercross Lites Stats:
- KTM now has 9 125 SX wins.
- Ramsey is the 1st two time winner. This should help him hang on to win the Western Regional title. Ramsey won the ’99 west coast title on a Kawasaki.
- Ramsey becomes the 4th different points leader this year. Short, Laninovich, Langston, and Ramsey. These guys have been in the points lead in the first four points round.
- The top 5 in the 125 West are within 15 points.
Supercross LIVE!, the only place on the planet to catch Amp’d Mobile Supercross live at home, is available for fans at every race, starting at 7:00 p.m. local time at supercross.cc.com. Listen as Supercross LIVE! hosts Jim Holley and Jason Wiegandt capture the live race call, a pre-race show, a post-race show, post-race press conference, on-air industry guests and celebrities, in-depth interviews, promotions, call-ins and more. In 2004-2005, more than a three-quarters-of-million listeners logged on to Supercross LIVE!
For more information about the Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, please log on to www.supercross.cc.com.
About Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP"¢/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series
Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP is a 17-round global off-road motorcycle stadium racing circuit. Riders must compete in the international rounds to be eligible to win the world championship. In 2005-2006, the 17-event Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP will be comprised of two international events and 15 of the 16 events that are conducted in major cities throughout the United States as a part of the Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series. Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series is a 16-event series solely conducted in the United States. The other Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series event held in Daytona Beach, Fla., is independently produced by the International Speedway Corporation and is not a part of the Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP. An Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series rider will be crowned as the national champion for the series of events conducted in the United States only.
The FIM, Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme, is the body that globally governs motorcycle sport at the world level. Among other matters, the FIM groups together 85 affiliated National Federations relating to the sport of motorcycle racing.. AMA Pro Racing is the National Federation representative that sanctions motorcycle-racing events in the United States. Dorna Off Road S.L. is an internationally recognized sports management group established in 1988 with an emphasis on major international motor sports events. Dorna is headquartered in Madrid, Spain with branch offices in Barcelona, London and Tokyo. In addition to its involvement with Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP, Dorna manages the rights to MotoGP. For more information on Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/ Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, log on to www.supercross.cc.com.
About AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the leading sanctioning body for motorcycle sport in the United States. Its properties include the Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, the AMA Motocross Championship presented by FMF, the AMA Superbike Championship presented by Parts Unlimited, the AMA Ford Quality Checked Flat Track Championship and the AMA Supermoto Championship. For more information about AMA Pro Racing, visit www.amaproracing.com.