AURORA, Ill. (April 20, 2006) — Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series returns to Dallas’ Texas Stadium this Saturday.
AMA Supercross Stats
- First race in Dallas was held on Feb. 28, 1975, Jimmy Ellis won on a CAN-AM.
- First time winners in Dallas: Ellis:’75; Bayle: ’90; Henry: ’95; Stewart: ’05
- This is the 27th time the gate will drop in Dallas
- Riders to win Dallas in back-to-back years: Ellis: ’75-’76, Johnson: ’87-’88, Bradshaw: ’91-’92, Windham ’99-’00, Carmichael: ’01-’02, Reed ’03-’04. Can James Stewart join these racers?
- David Bailey and Mike Bell won their last supercross in Dallas
- Suzuki has never won in Dallas. Can Carmichael give them their first win this weekend?
- In ’75, CAN-AM won their first-ever 250cc supercross in Dallas with Jim Ellis.
- Wins by brand: Hon:12; Yam: 7; Kawasaki: 5; CAN-AM: 2
- There have been 18 different winners in 26 races in Dallas.
- This season Carmichael has 6 wins, Stewart 8 wins, Reed 1 win.
- Can Stewart become the first rider of the season to win four-in-a row?
- Reed has never finished off the podium in Dallas.
- Stewart has 9 AMA Supercross wins. He is now 3rd all time on the Kawasaki 250cc AMA Supercross win list
AMA Supercross Lites
- Honda has now won eight consecutive AMA Supercross Lites races as they swept the east coast.
- Honda has nine AMA Supercross Lites wins this season.
- Can Honda sweep the East and the West. They have only done this once in 1991 with Swink and McGrath.