AURORA, Ill. (March 2, 2006) — Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series returns to Indianapolis’ RCA Dome this Saturday, March 4.
- This is the 15th race to be held in Indianapolis.
- First race held in Indianapolis was 3/21/92. Jeff Stanton won.
- Wins by brand in Indianapolis: Hon-8, Yam-3, Kaw-2, Suz-1.
- Carmichael gave Suzuki its 1st ever win in Indianapolis last year.
- No rider has won back to back here since ’95 and ’96. Can Carmichael?
- McGrath has six wins here.
- Carmichael after 100 starts has 44 wins, 83 top five finishes and four titles.
- McGrath after 100 starts has 52 wins, 84 top five four titles.
- LaRocco after 100 starts has eight wins, 62 top five finishes and zero titles.
- Reed now has 51 podiums in 56 starts. He ties Ricky Johnson on the all time supercross podium list.
- Reed at Indianapolis: ’05-2nd, ’04-3rd, ’03-3rd.
- Carmichael at Indianapolis: ’05-1st, ’03-1st, ’02-2nd, ’01-1st, ’00-4th, ’99-7th.
- Carmichael now has 11 wins on a Suzuki. He is still 2nd place on their all time win list.
- LaRocco won Indianapolis in 2004.
- Stewart has six podiums this season.
- Tedesco gets his fifth top five in eight starts.
AMA Supercross LITES:
- Josh Grant won his first AMA Supercross Lites race of his career last week in Atlanta. It was Honda’s first win in Atlanta since 1993.
- Pichon was the last winner to win back to back in Indy in 1995-1996. Can Millsaps do it this year?
- Wins by brand: Yam-5, Suz-4, Kaw-3, Hon-2.
- Honda’s last win here was 2000. Kawasaki’s last win was in 1998.
Supercross LIVE!, the only place on the planet to catch Amp’d Mobile Supercross live at home in your car, or just about anywhere in the world, is available live for fans at every race, starting at 7:00 p.m. local time at supercross.cc.com. Listen as Supercross LIVE! hosts Jim Holley and Jason Wiegandt capture the live race call, a pre-race show, a post-race show, post-race press conference, on-air industry guests and celebrities, in-depth interviews, promotions, call-ins and more. In 2004-2005, more than a three-quarters-of-million listeners logged on to Supercross LIVE! Archived broadcasts are also available at supercross.cc.com, or can be downloaded to iPod or MP3 players via Podcast at sxlivepodcast.com.
For more information about the Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, please log on to www.supercross.cc.com.
About Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP„¢/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series
Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP is a 17-round global off-road motorcycle stadium racing circuit. Riders must compete in the international rounds to be eligible to win the world championship. In 2005-2006, the 17-event Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP will be comprised of two international events and 15 of the 16 events that are conducted in major cities throughout the United States as a part of the Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series. Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series is a 16-event series solely conducted in the United States. The other Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series event held in Daytona Beach, Fla., is independently produced by the International Speedway Corporation and is not a part of the Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP. An Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series rider will be crowned as the national champion for the series of events conducted in the United States only.
The FIM, Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme, is the body that globally governs motorcycle sport at the world level. Among otther matters, the FIM groups together 85 affiliated National Federations relating to the sport of motorcycle racing. AMA Pro Racing is the National Federation representative that sanctions motorcycle-racing events in the United States. Dorna Off Road S.L. is an internationally recognized sports management group established in 1988 with an emphasis on major international motor sports events. Dorna is headquartered in Madrid, Spain with branch offices in Barcelona, London and Tokyo. In addition to its involvement with Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP, Dorna manages the rights to MotoGP. For more information on Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/ Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, log on to www.supercross.cc.com.
About AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the leading sanctioning body for motorcycle sport in the United States. Its properties include the Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, the AMA Motocross Championship presented by FMF, the AMA Superbike Championship presented by Parts Unlimited, the AMA Ford Quality Checked Flat Track Championship and the AMA Supermoto Championship. For more information about AMA Pro Racing, visit www.amaproracing.com.