AURORA, Ill. (January 24, 2006) ¿ Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series returns to SBC Park Saturday, January 28.
- First race January 25, 2003, Carmichael won on a Honda.
- 2004 ¿ Chad Reed won on a Yamaha
- 2005 ¿ Carmichael won on a Suzuki
- For the third time in five seasons, Carmichael becomes the first rider to win two supercross races. Two of those times, he went on to win the title ’03 & ’05.
- Carmichael now has 33 consecutive podiums. In Phoenix ’03, he finished 4th. Since then he has been on the podium.
- Chad Reed now has 51 consecutive starts, 47 podiums, 3rd consecutive 2nd place finish.
- Since `74, the first rider to win two supercrosses in the season has gone on to win the supercross 16 times, top five in final point standings ¿ 27 times.
- McGrath gets another top five finish. It was his 140th career top five. It was his first top five on a four stroke. He is going for his 165th career start. That will be 3rd all time behind Larry Ward and Mike LaRocco.
- Ivan Tedesco finished a career best 4th place at Anaheim 2.
- Carmichael picked up his 9th win on a Suzuki, 42nd all time supercross win, 2nd behind McGrath, who has 72.
- Stewart 10 starts in his career, 4 wins, 7 podiums. He won San Francisco in ’03 on a Kawasaki 125.
- In the history of supercross, the same 3 riders have never finished on the podium 4 consecutive rounds. Stewart, RC, Reed have yet to finish off the podium. In ’78, rounds 8 and 9, Hannah, Tripes, and Ellis all finished on the podium. That was only for 2 rounds.
Just in case, Suzuki hasn’t went 1-2 in a supercross since round 7 in ’81. Can RC and Tedesco change that?
Supercross LIVE!, the only place on the planet to catch Amp’d Mobile Supercross live at home, is available for fans at every race, starting at 7:00 p.m. local time at supercross.cc.com. Listen as Supercross LIVE! hosts Jim Holley and Jason Wiegandt capture the live race call, a pre-race show, a post-race show, post-race press conference, on-air industry guests and celebrities, in-depth interviews, promotions, call-ins and more. In 2004-2005, more than a three-quarters-of-million listeners logged on to Supercross LIVE!
For more information about the Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, please log on to www.supercross.cc.com.
About Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP¿/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series
Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP is a 17-round global off-road motorcycle stadium racing circuit. Riders must compete in the international rounds to be eligible to win the world championship. In 2005-2006, the 17-event Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP will be comprised of two international events and 15 of the 16 events that are conducted in major cities throughout the United States as a part of the Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series. Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series is a 16-event series solely conducted in the United States. The other Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series event held in Daytona Beach, Fla., is independently produced by the International Speedway Corporation and is not a part of the Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP. An Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series rider will be crowned as the national champion for the series of events conducted in the United States only.
The FIM, Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme, is the body that globally governs motorcycle sport at the world level. Among other matters, the FIM groups together 85 affiliated National Federations relating to the sport of motorcycle racing. AMA Pro Racing is the National Fedeeration representative that sanctions motorcycle-racing events in the United States. Dorna Off Road S.L. is an internationally recognized sports management group established in 1988 with an emphasis on major international motor sports events. Dorna is headquartered in Madrid, Spain with branch offices in Barcelona, London and Tokyo. In addition to its involvement with Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP, Dorna manages the rights to MotoGP. For more information on Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/ Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, log on to www.supercross.cc.com.
About AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the leading sanctioning body for motorcycle sport in the United States. Its properties include the Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, the AMA Motocross Championship presented by FMF, the AMA Superbike Championship presented by Parts Unlimited, the AMA Ford Quality Checked Flat Track Championship and the AMA Supermoto Championship. For more information about AMA Pro Racing, visit www.amaproracing.com.