AURORA, Ill. (January 10, 2006) ¿ Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series returns to St. Louis’ Edward Jones Dome this Saturday, February 14.
- This is the 11th race at St. Louis
- First race 4-27-96, Jeff Emig, won on a Kawasaki. It was his first win on a Kawasaki.
- In 1996, Jeremy McGrath had won 13 races in a row before Emig stopped him at St. Louis.
- Carmichael has won at this venue on a Kawasaki 125, Kawasaki 250, Honda 250, and a Suzuki 250. Can he now win on a four-stroke Suzuki?
- Wins by brand at St. Louis: Yam: 5, Kaw: 2, Suz: 2, Hon: 1
- Carmichael trying to become first four-time winner at St. Louis. McGrath and Carmichael have each won three times in St. Louis.
- Windham, Carmichael and Reed have all won on a 125 and a 250 in St. Louis. Can Stewart join them?
- Carmichael and Stewart are tied with three AMA Supercross wins apiece this season. Carmichael has yet to finish off the box this year.
- Stewart now has six AMA Supercross win, Emig, O’Mara, and Vuillemin have seven. Can Stewart tie them?
- Stewart now has 34 total wins, 10th all time on the AMA win list. Emig is 9th with 36 career wins.
- Reed now has 49 podiums and 54 starts.
- Carmichael has 36 consecutive podiums.
- LaRocco earned his 145th top five finish. McGrath earned his 141st top five and Carmichael earned his 82nd top five.
Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Lites Eastern Region Stats
- Can Yamaha get a lites win? They have gone 26 rounds without a win. The last win was round 12 of ’04.
- Since ’85, 21 years, winner of first race of the East went on to win the East title 17 times.
- Since ’96, the winner of St. Louis went on to win the East 9 times.
- Kawasaki won here in ’04 and ’05. Can they make it three in a row?
Supercross LIVE!, the only place on the planet to catch Amp’d Mobile Supercross live at home in your car, or just about anywhere in the world, is available live for fans at every race, starting at 7:00 p.m. local time at supercross.cc.com. Listen as Supercross LIVE! hosts Jim Holley and Jason Wiegandt capture the live race call, a pre-race show, a post-race show, post-race press conference, on-air industry guests and celebrities, in-depth interviews, promotions, call-ins and more. In 2004-2005, more than a three-quarters-of-million listeners logged on to Supercross LIVE! Archived broadcasts are also available at supercross.cc.com, or can be downloaded to iPod or MP3 players via Podcast at sxlivepodcast.com.