LOS ANGELES, Calif. ¿ Feb. 4, 2005 ¿Crave Entertainment, a leading publisher of console videogames, today announced the upcoming release of MX World Tour: Featuring Jamie Little. This motocross racing game features head-to-head competition for up to four players with race commentary and the chance to race against well-known commentator and racer Jamie Little. Scheduled for release on April 5, 2005, MX World Tour: Featuring Jamie Little will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Xbox® video game system from Microsoft with an MSRP of $19.99.
Developed by Impulse Games for Crave, MX World Tour allows players hundreds of combinations in creating customized bikes and riders. In MX World Tour, all of the bikes can be modified with sick colors, cool stickers and performance upgrades to boost horsepower and handling. Racers execute `no-handers¿ or `nac-nacs¿ as they make their way through doubles, triples and whoop-de-doos in 32 different competitions on MX World Tour. Players attempt to earn the coveted number one plate, signifying the top of the world rankings, without getting DQ¿ed along the way.
Jamie Little is one of the most recognized commentators in the world of motor and action sports. In addition to her numerous announcing and commentating duties for ESPN, ABC, NBC, Speed Channel and TNN, Jamie is a racer, competing in both mountain bike and mini-bike races.
¿I grew up a huge fan of video games, especially the ones with motorcycles in them,¿ said Little. ¿When Crave approached me to be part of this game I was elated. It¿s been a thrill doing the voicing for the game and watching it come to fruition.¿
Little continued: ¿I think what¿s really neat about this game is that it will target the casual gamer. Girls of all ages, and boys as well, will enjoy this game. There¿s a ton of track and bike options, but it¿s not too difficult to master. Regardless of your ability level, a person can jump in and enjoy the fun right away.
¿And I hope the game gets you psyched about riding your dirt bike,¿ added Little. ¿It sure did for me!¿
For more information on Jamie Little, please visit www.jamielittle.com.
MX World Tour: Featuring Jamie Little includes:
- Jamie Little, the hottest commentator in motor sports, racing against players and providing in-race commentary
- Allows players to create their own customized bikes and riders to match their favorite rider, or create a new look
- Both SX (Indoor) and MX (Outdoor) events
- Rock-solid bike physics only available on MX World Tour
- New Super-Moto (dirt & asphalt) event ¿ the first of its kind in a MX game
- A new custom hole-shot device to achieve faster starts
- Over 30 completely different competitions
- Motocross bikes that can be upgraded with increased horsepower and custom handling
- Full-featured career mode
- Split-screen multiplayer mode with up to four players
- Realistic starts complete with a 30-second board
Scheduled for release on April 5, 2005, MX World Tour: Featuring Jamie Little will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Xbox video game system from Microsoft with an MSRP of $19.99.