DAILY HOOK UP
TROY LEE DESIGNS JEREMY McGRATH REPLICA SE-2 HELMET
Application: Available in sizes S-XL
Options: Available with red or black trim
From the Troy Lee Designs web site: We’ve taken four of Jeremy McGrath’s favorite helmets and blended them together into a one-of-a-kind, limited edition helmet. A full carbon-fiber shell with Kevlar®-reinforced weave and a total of 47 printed colors, this is the most unique helmet ever created by Troy Lee Designs.
Also incorporated into the design is a candy red foil TLD logo, lines of silver leaf trim that separate the four designs, engine-turned titanium mouthpiece and vents, a white liner, black or red rubber molding and limited edition numbering.
- Improved intake and exhaust ports, and mouthpiece for better ventilation, safety and durability
- Longer, wider chin bar for better comfort and fit
- Titanium hardware for reduced weight, durability and style
- Improved internal shape and thicker liner for improved comfort
- Indents for communication ear piece
- Exceeds Snell M2000, M2005, US DOT, AU and CE standards
- Multiple U.S. patents pending for design and ventilation
- Includes deluxe helmet bag and 2 color-matched Vortex visors
- Carbon Fiber shell with Kevlar® reinforced weave
- Candy red foil and silver leaf accents
- 1-year limited warranty
WHAT WE LIKED
– the graphics look bad ass!
– carbon fiber shell shows through where there are no graphics
– the four portions of McGrath’s old helmets are very recognizable
– the MC replica seems to fit even better than the standard SE-2
– did we mention the graphics look bad ass?
– helmet liner snaps easily in and out for quick washing
– helmet is very light
– venting system works great
– large eyeport provides great peripheral vision
– helmet accepts every goggle we tested
– Snell and DOT approval
WHAT WE DIDN’T LIKE
– Sure, it’s a McGrath replica helmet, but the SHOWTIME logo on the back is a bit much (we modified ours to better suit our style)
– when you crash in the MC replica helmet, you tend to check the helmet for scuffs before you check your body out for injuries
WHAT WE REALLY THINK
Though the crew at Troy Lee Designs reports that aside from the shell being made of carbon fiber, the Jeremy McGrath Replica SE-2 helmet is identical in fit to the standard SE-2 line. We disagree. The MC replica is by far the most comfortable SE-2 helmet we’ve ever worn, and among the most comfortable of any brand, period.
Call 951/371-5219 or visit www.troyleedesigns.com