DO YOU HAVE A MOTOR MOUTH?
WIN A DVS SHOE COMPANY HONDA CR250R!
Our buddy Dano Legere from DVS Shoe Company rolled into the TransWorld Motocross offices the other day with a tricked-out 2006 Honda CR250R, complete with a cool set of DVS Shoe Company graphics and a laundry list of aftermarket parts from all of DVS’s affiliates. To our surprise, he asked us to help give the thing away! Anyone who knows or knows of Dano, though, should already be well aware of the fact that he is a strange dude. That said, we’re looking for videotaped entries for this contest. Videotapes of what, you ask? We’d like to see you making your best two-stroke and four-stroke motorcycle noises with your mouth! That’s right; send us your best “ring-a-ding and “braaap impressions on videotape or DVD, and the best motor mouth will be the proud new owner of this DVS Shoe Company Honda CR250R!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HOW TO ENTER: Submit a VHS or DVD video showing us your best impression of a 2 stroke and/or 4 stroke motorcycle engine, the more original the better. The video must be 2 minutes or less. Do not include music in your video. Mail your entry to DVS Shoes Attn: Moto Mouth Contest, 955 Francisco St., Torrance, CA 90502. Limit one entry per person. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, postage due mail or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsors and none will be acknowledged or returned. This contest begins on October 1, 2006 and ends November 30, 2006. Entries must be postmarked no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 30, 2006 and received no later than December 6, 2006.
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by representatives of DVS Shoes Inc., based on the following criteria: Originality (25%); Creativity (25%); Use of personal mouth sounds (25%); and Appropriateness to contest theme (25%). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaker judge will determine the Winner from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by telephone, postal mail, or email.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older at time of entry (“Entrant(s)). In all instances, “Entrant(s) refers to the parent or legal guardian if the Entrant has not reached the age of majority in his or her state of residence. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsors and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One Winner will receive a 2006 Honda CR250R motorcycle. Approximate Retail Value: $6,449. The prize will be awarded in the name of the Winner’s parent or legal guardian if the Winner has not reached the age of majority in his or her state of residence. Hereafter, in all instances, “Winner or “Potential Winner refers to the parent or legal guardian if the Winner or Potential Winner has not reached the age of majority in his or her state of residence. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. Winner must provide valid driver’s license and proof of insurance before the prize is awarded. Winner is responsible for any tax, title, license, insurance, and any other expenses associated with taking possession of the prize. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner, at his or her sole cost and expense, for any shipping or transportation of the prize. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. The Winner will be notifiedhen the prize is available for pick up. Limit one prize per person or household.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsors to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any video and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such video and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsors a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted video, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of copyright license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry will not constitute an invasion of privacy; (b) entry will not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the video and other materials submitted are original. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsors and their respective agencies to use Winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, and video for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winner agree to hold Sponsors and their promotional partners, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property (including death) relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsors reserve the immediate right to disqualify Entrant, if Entrant commits, or has at any time committed, any act or becomes involved in, or has at any time been involved in, any situation or occurrence which tends in Sponsors’ sole opinion to subject Entrant or Sponsors to any ridicule, contempt or scandal or which, in Sponsors’ sole opinion, reflects unfavorably upon Sponsors. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
7. WINNER’S LIST: For name of winner, available after December 22, 2006 send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to DVS Shoes 955 Francisco St., Torrance, CA 90502 Attn: Moto Mouth Contest. Request must be received by December 29, 2006.
8. SPONSORS: The Sponsors of this Contest are TransWorld Motocross 1421 Edinger Ave, Suite D, Tustin, CA 92780 and DVS Shoes Inc., 955 Francisco St., Torrance, CA 90502.
ntest are TransWorld Motocross 1421 Edinger Ave, Suite D, Tustin, CA 92780 and DVS Shoes Inc., 955 Francisco St., Torrance, CA 90502.