Last weekend at Anaheim Stadium, Swap got to take a quick look at the new One Industries Trooper helmets. He said that after holding one in his sweaty hands (and trying it on when Danny Dobey wasn’t looking) he was very impressed. He’s looking forward to giving one a test (but not too good a test) at our local tracks.
Here are some of the other facts that he gleaned from the encounter:
- The shell is Kevlar reinforced fiberglass and carbon fiber.
- It’s equipped with a plush Savoie suede liner and cheek pads for comfort, and to wick away moisture.
- Multiple venting chambers continually circulate air throughout the helmet keep it cool on the inside, while custom graphics keep it cool on the outside.
- Suggested retail is $299.
- Sizes range from XS (6 5/8—6 3/4) to XL (8).
- Colors include Pearl White, White/Blue/Red, White/Red/Yellow, and Chrome/Black.