FOX RACING V4 HELMET
SIZES: XS – XXL
WHAT IT IS:
Fox Racing introduced its newest high-end premium helmet in mid-2011, and it instantly elevated the brand’s standards for motocross helmets. The V4 features a carbon fiber shell and a dual-layer EPS liner, an exclusive Dry LEXTM liner, 16 intake and 8 exhaust vents, and a generously cut eyeport for maximum vision.
– The V4 is a great-looking helmet. Available in several graphic and color combinations, every one we’ve seen (including this newest version) is excellent.
– Comfort and fit is highly individual, but every one of our test riders loves the fit and feel of the V4. The cheek pads wrap around your face, giving you a nice, secure feel without being claustrophobic.
– The bottom edge of the older V3 helmet interfered with neck braces for some riders, but the V4 shell features a higher bottom cut that offers abundant clearance.
– The generous eyeport accommodates all goggles perfectly and offers plenty of peripheral vision.
– Venting is very effective in the V4, and you can actually tell that the air flow is happening while you ride. This is one of the coolest helmets we’ve worn.
– Removing and replacing the liner for washing is easy.
– There are four shell and EPS liner sizes for an accurate fit across the range of helmet sizes. A large is not simply shimmed down to a medium with thicker pads.
– The Fox V4 helmet features a five-year warranty.
– Comes with a free helmet bag for storage.
– Because it’s vented so well, the V4 can seem a bit loud compared to more muffled helmets like the Bell Moto 9 or Arai VX-Pro3.
The V4 is without a doubt the finest helmet that Fox Racing has produced since it entered the helmet arena over a decade ago, and it has quickly become one of the favorites on the TWMX testing staff. Comfortable, light, well-vented, and great-looking, the V4 is truly among the elite helmets available for motocross riders and racers.