Just because we left a few things out, don’t think we didn’t add a few as well. The all new AXO Prime incorporates a unique Torsion Strut that allows the boot to flex forward and back without binding or restriction. The strut is held against the boot by the tension of the buckles and allows the compression molded ankle panel to follow the natural movement of the foot without folding or bulging. The 3D molded heel cup guards the back of the foot from impacts and also incorporates the new “Quick Shift heel tab for “pro style starts. All 4 of the buckles and bases are now floating and curved to follow the shape of the foot and help keep the buckles closed during aggressive riding. The open cavity molds used for the shin and calf repel impacts while the all new bonded 3 color sole and supportive PU molded insole grips the foot peg like never before.So you see, while we did leave off a few of the old school features of the past, the Prime is not short on all the features of the new generation.
Unique features and benefits.
• The front edge of the rubber molded gaiter is contoured to angle towards the leg thus catching dirt and debris before it enters the front and top boot.
• A 3 color injection molded PU shin plate floats over the instep using AXO’s patented instep assembly method. A flexible TPR graphic insert is used below the shin plate which reduces friction on the instep when the PRIME is flexed forward or back.
• The ankle area of the PRIME is supported by 2 floating buckle housings which hold the unique underlying TORSION BAR strut firm against the boot reducing the injury causing rolling and twisting motion of the ankle and foot.
• The unique to AXO compression molded-expandable PU Rubber ankle construction panel stretches and contracts instead of folding and wrinkling like the more common vinyl materials used by others.
• All 4 of the Power Locking„¢ buckles and straps float on the exterior of the boot and reposition themselves to allow a better fit over a wider range of calf, leg and foot sizes.
• The supportive TORSION BAR Strut is secured to the ankle of the PRIME„¢ over the anatomic location of the ankle bone allowing the boot to flex forward and back while not interfering with the all new, and unique to AXO, compression molded expandable PU Rubber construction panel.
• Both the floating upper buckle straps are longer and offer a huge range of adjustment allowing a better fit for a wider range of calf, leg and brace or knee cup sizes.
• The Open Cavity design of the plastics used on the PRIME acts as a shock absorber actually reducing the force of an impact or blow to specific areas of the PRIME boot.
• The precision Power Lock aluminum buckles are secured to the boot through a compound curving supportive base that snaps the buckle into a secure closed position. Both the buckle and base are replaceable if needed.
• The toe box of the PRIME is constructed using a multi-layer design. Dual layers of a Fiber based material is sandwiched between the Top Quality leather outer and multi-cell foams and material backings.
• The bonded 3 color sole fully wraps over the front, heel and sides of the boot guarding it from abrasion and excessive wear. The sole is replaceable by AXO and features a supportive tempered metal shank and mid-sole insert.
• A 3-D molded heel cap surrounds the back of the boot guarding the heel from impacts and blows. A unique heel “kick is also designed onto the heel cap allowing for a Quick Shift used for starts or a quick exit from the boot.
The New PRIME is available October, 31, 2007.
Suggested Retail. $ 274.99
Available in Black and White.
For more info visit www.axo.com or call AXO at 661-257-0916