LAS VEGAS (August 3, 2004) – Clear Channel Entertainment¿s Motor Sports division announced the list of invited riders to the seventh-annual 2004 Maxxis U.S. Open at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
¿This year¿s list of invited riders is the most impressive line-up that we¿ve had in seven years of producing this prestigious event,¿ said Todd Jendro, director of supercross, Clear Channel Entertainment – Motor Sports.
2004 Maxxis U.S. Open Invited Riders
- Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla.
- Heath Voss, Mico, Texas
- Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss.
- Ricky Carmichael, Havana, Fla.
- James Stewart, Haines City, Fla.
- Ivan Tedesco, Murrieta, Calif.
- Travis Pastrana, Annapolis, Md.
- Ernesto Fonseca, Canyon Lake, Calif.
- Mike LaRocco, Corona, Calif.
- David Vuillemin, Murrieta, Calif.
- Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich.,
- Michael Byrne, Temecula, Calif.
- Sean Hamblin, Murrieta, Calif.
- Damon Huffman, Valencia, Calif.
- Tyler Evans, Canyon Lake, Calif.
- Grant Langston, Lake Elsinore, Calif.
- Ryan Clark, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Nathan Ramsey, Menifee, Calif.
- Keith Johnson, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Ezra Lusk, Bainbridge, Ga.
- Jason Thomas, Melrose, Fla.
- Andrew Short, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Isaiah Johnson, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Erick Vallejo, Dallas, Texas
- Joe Oehlhof, Hesperia, Calif.
- Kyle Lewis, Henderson, Nev.
- Clark Stiles, Athens, Ala.
- Mike Brown, Piney Flats, Tenn.
- Sebastien Tortelli, Orange Lake, Fla.
- Darcy Lange, Courtenay, B.C.
- Tim Ferry, Dade City, Fla.
- Bobby Bonds, Maricopa, Calif.
Riders invited to compete in the 2004 Maxxis U.S. Open include defending and current THQ AMA Supercross Series champion Chad Reed, two-time U.S. Open champion and all-time AMA national championship holder Ricky Carmichael, action sports superstar Travis Pastrana and up-and-coming superstar and reigning 125cc Eastern Regional THQ AMA Supercross Series champion James Stewart. Veteran Mike LaRocco, who won the 2002 U.S. Open, has also been invited to compete in this prestigious event.
About Clear Channel Entertainment
Clear Channel Entertainment, a leading producer and marketer of live entertainment events is a subsidiary of Clear Channel Communications (NYSE: CCU), a global leader in the away-from-home advertising industry. Clear Channel Entertainment currently owns, operates and/or exclusively books approximately 130 live entertainment venues, including nearly 100 in North America and more than 30 in Europe. In 2003, 69 million people attended approximately 32,000 events promoted and/or produced by the company, including live music events; Broadway, West End and touring theatrical shows; family entertainment shows; museum exhibitions, and specialized sports and motor sports events. In addition, the company¿s independently operated athlete representation business, SFX, provides management, marketing and financial consulting services to many of the world¿s top professional athletes. Clear Channel Entertainment also provides marketing services through LIVE Channel, a company dedicated to creating and executing live events for companies seeking brand promotion. Clear Channel Entertainment operates throughout North America, Europe, and Australia. More information may be found by visiting www.cc.com and www.clearchannel.com.
About AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the leading sanctioning body for motorcycle sport in the United States. Its properties include the THQ AMA Supercross Series, the AMA Chevrolet Motocross Championship, the AMA Chevrolet Superbike Championship, the AMA Progressive Insurance Flat Track Championship and the AMA Supermoto Championship. For more information about AMA Pro Racing, visit www.amaproracing.com www.amaproracing.com.