FLY RACING EVOLUTION SONAR RACEWEAR
PRICE: Jersey $45.95, pant $139.95, glove $36.95 (as shown with F2 Carbon Andrew Short Replica Helmet)
– Zipper lock system
– Patent-pending 2D buckle system
– Perforated 840D nylon construction
– Asterisk® Boot-Tether compliant
– Leather heat shield panels with Kevlar® stitching
– Ergonomically pre-shaped and fully vented knee
– Full-floating seat
– Multi-panel construction
– Low profile multi-directional Lycra® stretch collar
– Open zero-cuff with Lycra® gusset
– Tagless printed collar
– Mesh ventilation panels
– The 2D buckle system works great and will stand the test of time far greater than hook & loop closures (Velcro).
– Both pant and jersey provide excellent venting. The mesh panels in the jersey welcome plenty of air, while the perforated sections of the pant cool the legs.
– The jersey’s tagless, low-profile collar is super comfortable and welcomes any neck protection.
– Fit and finish of the Evolution gear rivals most any other premium gear.
– The extra buckle in between the zipper and outer flap adds more security to waist closure.
– Pant is very light considering the extra integration of buckles, etc.
– Outer flap of waist is secured by magnets… kinda sweet idea.
– While we like the cuff-less design of the jersey’s arms, we would prefer a bit smaller diameter opening. It runs just a hair loose for our taste.
– Gloves run a tad small.
– Glove cuff is longer than traditional designs and, ultimately, felt a bit constrictive.
Fly’s latest Evolution gear fits and functions well. We commend their new 2D waist-tightening design and zipper lock closure. Both the pants and jersey are light and provide great ventilation, yet maintain a reasonable price point. While the gloves weren’t our favorite, some may welcome the longer cuff. Check the Evolution gear out yourself at your local dealer or online at FlyRacing.com