PRODUCT REPORT: ARAI VX-PRO3 EDGE
COLORS: Blue (shown), red, green, orange
SIZES: XS – XXL
Certifications: DOT and SNELL 2010
What It Is
It’s a helmet, obviously, and it goes on your head. But all helmets aren’t created equal, and Arai has the reputation of crafting some of the safest helmets on the planet. The VX-Pro3 design features a round shell which is constructed for dissipating impact energy quickly and smoothly, and a rounded chinbar aimed to minimize protrusion and prevent the face piece from catching or digging in during a crash. The Edge graphic is the company’s latest offering in the VX-Pro3 lineup, and although Arai hasn’t altered the shape of the helmet in a while, it provides a fresh look to their top-of-the-line motocross lid.
– The new Edge graphic is easily one of the best looking helmets Arai has released to date.
– Quality and construction is top notch, and Arai’s motto of “Protection Above All Else” helps to put your mind at ease while on the track. Arai also provides an industry leading five-year warranty which backs all helmets against defects in materials and workmanship.
– The VX-Pro3’s ventilation is excellent. Along with Arai’s Dry-Cool liner material, we were very satisfied with the amount of airflow and its cooling ability after testing in temperatures over 100 degrees.
– The helmet is extremely comfortable and the sizing is exact. Out of the box we were able to just throw it on and go without any discomfort or adjusting.
– The head comfort liner, cheek pads, and chinstrap cover are fully removable, washable, and replaceable. The ability to keep your expensive investment clean and fresh is a must.
– The VX-Pro3 features the Emergency Cheekpad Release System, which provides better access to an injured rider by allowing medical personal to easily slide out the cheekpads via integrated pull-tabs.
– At $689.95, the VX-Pro3 might be cruel and unusual to your piggybank.
– Goggles with nose guards simply won’t fit.
It’s no secret; the Arai VX-Pro3 is by far one of the best made helmets available today, but thanks to the new Edge graphic it finally has a little style to match its quality. While the price tag might dissuade many, serious consideration should take place while investing in protection for the most important part of your body. Use your head—shell out the extra bucks to keep it safe.