Friday August 18, 2006 (Los Angeles, CA) — SpeedFreaks’ six year anniversary broadcast at Southern California’s SpeedZone last month was a Freakin’ Succe$$ on all fronts. The Freak Nation came with some fat wallets and left with some big smiles from the silent auction for injured Motocross/Supercross rider Ernesto Fonseca. Ernesto took a hard spill back in March and is partially paralyzed at this time.
It’s not over by any means and now the real fun begins. SpeedFreaks have finally stocked up their eBay Store with more Big Freakin’ Ticket items for those Freak Nation members that could not attend the anniversary extravaganza and Fonseca Fundraiser in person.
Of all the proceeds raised, 100% of the money will go to the Ernesto Fonseca Fund.
Freakin’ items up for bid on eBay include (partial list):
- Ernesto Fonseca jersey and pants.
- Ricky Carmichael worn autographed jersey and pants.
- MotoGP autographed leather riding jacket (autographs include Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, Sete Gibernau, etc.)
- Two sets of James Stewart worn autographed jersey, pants and goggles.
- Chad Reed worn Helmet.
- Steve Rapp autographed Michael Jordan leathers & helmet.
- Stefan Everts autographed Motocross des Nations jersey.
- Doug Kalitta autographed firesuit.
- A set of wheels from American Racing Wheels.
- MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust system.
- Jimmie Johnson autographed framed picture from his third consecutive win at Charlotte Motor Speedway and autographed hat.
- Jimmie Johnson autographed replica hood.
- Jeremy McGrath autographed US Open t-shirt and VIP tickets to the Inaugural McGrath Supercross Invitational at Home Depot Center this Fall.
- David Grubnic worn autographed helmet.
- Tony Pedregon’s Ping golf clubs and golf bag.
- Kenny and Brandon Bernstein autographed crew shirt, hat and piston.
- Frank Pedregon autographed Pittsburgh Steelers painted racing helmet.
- Max Angelelli and Wayne Taylor SunTrust Grand Am Champion framed autographed collage w/crew shirt & autographed hero cards.
- Tony Stewart autographed photo and t-shirt.
- Casey Mears autographed racing gloves.
- Scott Dixon autographed Nomex shirt & diecast.
- Two Mac Tools suite passes for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup & Busch Series Night Races in August in Bristol, TN
- Four 3-Day Victory Lane Club Suite Tix for the Texas Motor Speedway NASCAR November Weekend.
- Four California Speedway rooftop suite passes & VIP parking for the Sept. 2 NASCAR Busch race.
- Two five-day NHRA Mac Tools US Nationals VIP tickets for Aug. 31st – Sept. 4.
- Two X-Treme Packages for the US Open of Supercross in Las Vegas , NV on October 13-15.
- Two Double Down Packages for the Monster Jam World Finals in Las Vegas, NV on March 23-24, 2007.
- Two front row tickets for the Supercross Finals in Las Vegas , NV on May 5, 2007.
- Autographed diecasts from Kurt Busch and Jamie McMurray.
- Bruce Litton autographed IHRA Top Fuel Trophy.
- Jesse James WCC Mac Tools Limited Edition Tool Box & autographed magnetic parts tray.
- Indy 500 DVD Collector Set.
- Autographed crew shirts from Bruno Junqueria, Fraank Pedregon…and more!
So get on it, Freak Nation… submit your bids now! The auction items will start to expire as early as Monday August 21…
WHAT: SpeedFreaks – eBay Ernesto Fonseca Fundraiser.
WHEN: Today through mid week / Wednesday August 23rd
WHY: To help out one of our own… Ernesto Fonseca!
SpeedFreaks with Kenny Sargent , Lugg Nuttz, Statt Mann Caruthers and Crash Gladys,
continues to own the title of the country’s largest motorsports radio show.
SpeedFreaks Sunday Radio Show: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT
SpeedFreaks Saturday Radio Show: 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT
(check local listings)
The FRN houses over 90 radio stations across the United States including Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Detroit, Seattle, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Phoenix, West Palm, Huntsville, Charleston, Reno, Bakersfield, Hampton, etc.
For an additional SpeedFreaks affiliate listing, log on to the affiliate page:
Additional Sunday night LIVE coverage can be heard on the Internet at www.SpeedFreaks.TV, www.SportsByline.com, the Armed Forces Network and on Sirius Satellite Channel 122, via Sports Byline USA.
The Freak Nation is Powered by:
Lucas Oil – Budweiser – O’Reilly Auto Parts – Mac Tools
Toyo Tires – Lend America – Mopar – Headblade
American Racing Wheels – Irwindale Speedway – Skull Gear – Mazda
Oakley – Suzuki – SpeedZone