2004 AMA/WMA National Motocross Championship Series ¿ Final Schedule
(March 24, 2004)¿Bend, OR¿ The Women¿s Motocross Association announced the dates for the 2004 AMA/WMA National Motocross Championship Series (formerly the WML Championship) today. Half of the series¿ races will land on the same weekend as the AMA/Chevy Trucks US Motocross Championships, which will include the second moto on Sunday.
- The opening round of the 2004 AMA/WMA National Motocross Championship Series will commence at Glen Helen Raceway¿s new National warm-up race – ¿The Prequel¿, scheduled for May 8th.
- Round two will be the following weekend at the Hangtown Classic May 16th, with both WMA pro motos on Sunday, making it the fifth year in a row that the Dirt Diggers have offered women¿s pro racing on Sunday.
- Round three will be at Washougal MX National with one moto on Sunday.
- Round four will be at Monster Mountain MX, Montgomery, AL a very popular area for women¿s motocross.
- Round five will be at Cohocton MX, Cohocton, NY, the weekend off between the men¿s national at Broome-Tioga in NY and Steel City in PA. The track will provide a place for traveling men racers to practice, as well as a chance to support the women pros and compete in co-ed charity race. In addition, this event will have a bonus pro purse of $10,000.
- The series will conclude at the Steel City National, with the final Championship determining moto on Sunday, as part of a four-year tradition.
|Rd 1||May 8-9||Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino, CA|
|Rd 2||May 15-16||Hangtown MX, Sacramento, CA|
|Rd 3||Jul 31-1||Washougal MX, Washougal, WA|
|Rd 4||Aug 21-22||Monster Mtn. MX, Montgomery, AL|
|Rd 5||Aug 28-29||Cohocton MX, Cohocton, NY|
|Rd 6||Sep. 4-5||Steel City Raceway, Delmont, PA|
Highlights of WMA Pro Racing for the races at the men¿s nationals are expected to air ESPN 2 in the men¿s 125cc show. The WMA has contracted a segment producer to market women¿s pro racing coverage to motorsports programs and networks for the remaining races.
In addition, women¿s amateur racing will be offered at all the events with new classes at some locations.
WMA has a strong group of sponsors for the 2004 season including: Honda, KTM, Kawasaki, Scott USA, Dunlop Tires, Alpinestars, Thor Racing, Rite Tie, Sick Racing, Universal, VP Fuels, Racer X Illustrated, Pro Clean and I Precision. Sick Racing will be providing the holeshot awards again in 2004 annd race contingency is provided by Scott USA, Dunlop, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available contact
For full details, schedule, pro racer bios, classes, TV listings, etc. visit