The TransWorld Motocross SLAM Fest, presented by MTA Distributing, returns to Milestone MX Park in Riverside, California, on Saturday, September 24th, 2016. With free admission, free open practice on prepped tracks, dozens of vendors with sales and product demos, giveaways and music, no other event brings industry and enthusiasts together quite like this. The day at the track is complete with two races: Hell On Wheels "Run What You Brung" vintage motos and the head-to-head pro Supercross finale. Mark your calendars and we'll see you at the track!
If you plan on joining in on the fun, here are some things you should know:
Friday September 23rd: Industry Cup
When we started the TransWorld Motocross Industry Cup race, the objective was to get the industry out for a fun day of racing. As the behind-the-scenes people in motocross, we too deserve a time to shine! The first few years were epic and good times were had by all.
But then something happened. Shit got serious! Since the first year we visited Lake Elsinore MX Park – the year KTM slaughtered everyone with its powerhouse team of Mike Sleeter, Casey Lytle and Ryan Morais – it seems that participation has waned amongst teams that may or may not have a chance to do well. So that’s when we started the Desk Jockey division…a class for the never-was riders to avoid the skill and speed of the former pro racers. But even that has gotten too serious!
That said, we are changing the format of the 2016 Tretta Motoda Cup in an effort to bring back the fun, the laughs, and the good times. We’re throwing out the three-moto, MXoN style format and going grand prix racing. That’s right! Milestone MX Park is gonna build us a fun, long track that winds through the park and over some fun obstacles. The team aspect will still be part of the racing, but the cut-and-thrust, super-intense motocross track part of it will be less important. Stay tuned for more details, but for now, mark those calendars
- GP Format, racing through horse barn, up Milestone Mountain, over asphalt, down the dirt 1/2 mile hwy and using both the Main and Vet tracks.
- Pro Class (45 min), Intermediate Class (30 min), Desk Jockey Class (30 min) and the Tretta Motoda Cup Team Race – Each class will also be broken up into age groups 24 and under, 25+, 35+, 45+. Top three in each class and age group will get a trophy.
- Team race must consist of three riders, one from each skill level (age not relevant in team race).
Saturday September 24th: SLAM Fest
- Food Vendors
- Beer garden for spectators only
- 40 vendors with demos and special product pricing
- Hell on Wheels “Run What You Brung” racing
- Event shirts
- Legendary head to head pro SX racing, $5k purse and the championship belt
Sunday September 25th: TWMXRS FALL SERIES presented by SPY
- Last years biggest race with over 700 entries
- Two track format has over 60 classes available
- Free Transponder Rental
- Free photo gallery of racers
With the event only a few short weeks away, we are more than amped and decided to relive last year’s good times with this photo gallery from the famed Ryne Swanberg.