NASHVILLE, TN (November 3, 2009) – With Bridgestone-equipped riders winning all three Supercross (SX) championships and both Motocross (MX) championships in 2009, Bridgestone’s off-road technology and products remain highly competitive. For 2010, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) will have a complete line of off-road tires available through the current distribution system, including the following motocross products:
M203 / M204: Soft – Intermediate Terrain
The soft to intermediate terrain M203/M204 returns to the Bridgestone MX line-up for 2010. Designed to work well in soft terrain conditions, these tires also cross over well to intermediate soils, while offering good durability and handling. Key features and benefits are listed below.
• M203 (front) has tire design technology for a broad range of soft and intermediate terrain applications
• M203 (front) provides improved grip traction with directional pattern rotation to enhance stability and increase braking power
• M204 (rear) offers a race-proven tread pattern designed with extra wide block spacing for great drive performance and improved slide control on firm base soil
• M204 (rear) has tall tread blocks with shoulder steps and large base angle radius for reliable stability and durability in a broad range of abusive soil conditions
• Solid grip and traction matched with available sizing adapts to the demands of today’s four-stroke machines
M403 / M404: Intermediate Terrain
Bridgestone’s most popular off-road tire combination stays in the line up as the M403/M404. These tires offer great performance in many varied terrain applications.
• Bridgestone’s broadest range motocross and off-road tires
• Complete sizing and applications for all machines 50cc up to 450cc
• Improved rubber compounds and tread design patterns
• Fine-tuned casing constructions
• Derived from top factory SX/MX and off-road racing technologies
• Improved durability covers wider range of soils
• M403 (front) provides improved cornering control and feedback even at full lean angles
• M404 (rear) offers added traction and slide control for better acceleration out of corners
M603 / M604: Intermediate – Hard Terrain
In hard terrain applications, the M603/M604 provides solid performance and durability while crossing over to intermediate conditions as well.
• M603 (front) features a mid-camber basin with decreased rubber thickness between the tread blocks to give flexibility and plant to the tire without dropping stiffness of the tread block
• The M603 (front) allows each block to adapt to the ground surface which gives an improved balance of lean grip, straight drive stability and light handling
• M604 (rear) has a redesigned broad range SX proven tread pattern which cuts through loose terrain to find traction and grip on a firm base
• Improved grip and traction adapts to the high power and torque of current four-stroke machines
About Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations:
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO) is a business unit of Bridgestone Americas, Inc., whose parent company, Bridgestone Corporation, is the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Reporting into the BATO business unit are the company’s Latin American tire operations, the U.S. and Canadian consumer tire businesses and the U.S. and Canadian commercial tire businesses. BATO develops, manufactures and markets Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires. The business unit is focused on retail, wholesale and original equipment markets, supplying passenger, light truck, commercial vehicle, off road, motorcycle, agricultural and other tires to its customers in the Americas. In addition, through its Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions unit, retreading customers have access to industry-leading research and development, manufacturing, marketing and sales expertise, providing them with a total tire solution.