Troy Lee Designs Bodyguard Lite
Sizes: Youth S/M, Youth L/XL, Adult S/M, Adult L/XL
The Troy Lee Designs Bodyguard Lite chest protector is new for 2010, and it incorporates many of the great features of the original TLD Boduguard, but refines them so that this newest version is more compatible with neck braces, such as the Leatt Brace. Featuring shatterproof plastic construction, the back panel of the Bodyguard Lite has a new lower neckline to better accomodate a neck brace, with no modification of the protector required. The back panel also features a two-piece, hinged design that allows the protector to move with you. Setting the Bodyguard Lite apart from the standard Bodyguard 2 protector that’s also new for 2010 is its sleek shoulder design. Featuring low-profile shoulder straps and no plastic shoulder car, there is nothing to come into contact with a Leatt Brace. Thus, the Bodyguard Lite is ready to wear, right off the showroom floor, with a Leatt Brace. Most chest protectors require modifications to properly clear the Leatt Brace.
Here’s a closer look at the low-profile shoulder straps. In the past, we’ve simply removed the shoulder caps from the original TLD Bodyguard, but the look left plenty to be desired. The new TLD Bodyguard Lite has TLD badges sewn on the straps, which give the protector a more polished look than the aforementioned method.
A Leatt Brace fits nicely inside the TLD Bodyguard Lite. There is no pinching or binding, or lifting with the Bodyguard Lite and Leatt Brace combination.
As you can see, the TLD Bodyguard Lite’s simple shoulder straps do not force the brace to rise off of your neck, even when your arms are lifted. This is a good thing.
– Bodyguard Lite is very comfortable and light
– low-profile shoulder straps allow the Bodyguard Lite to be paired nicely with a Leatt Brace
– with four sizes and several adjustments in both the front and rear of the protector, the Bodyguard Lite can be made to fit just about anyone
– the Bodyguard Lite (and Bodyguard 2, for that matter) are extremely comfortable and offer ample roost protection
– the removable biofoam padding snaps in and out, which makes for easy cleaning of not only the pads, but the plastic panels, too
– the side buckles are easy to operate, even in gloves
– the Bodyguard Lite is available in black/clear only. We’d like to see a solid black version.
– the shoulder straps offer no shoulder impact protection
For an off-the-shelf brace, there is no better option for a Leatt Brace wearer. The TLD Bodyguard Lite is comfortable, very adjustable, and plenty protective.
Call 951/371-5219 or visit www.troyleedesigns.com