Rome, Ga. – Toronto‘s Rogers Centre played host to the only international Monster Energy® Supercross race of the 2008 AMA Supercross season, and four Pirelli riders qualified for the premier class main event followed by five riders in the AMA Supercross Lites class main event.
MotoXXX/Tamer/Hooters/Honda’s Eric Sorby, of Lake Elsinore, Calif., rode his Pirelli-backed motorcycle to a 12th place finish in the AMA Supercross class main event. Sorby qualified ninth in his heat race before transferring to the main event and currently sits in 15th for overall points standings. Cernics Kawasaki’s Jeff Gibson, of Thornville, Ohio, finished 16th in the main event after qualifying in seventh place in heat #2.
Bad Boy Honda’s Jake Marsack, of Berlin, Mich., enjoyed early success in the main event, riding as high as sixth place before suffering a crash. Marsack went on to finish 17th in the main and is 14th overall in AMA Supercross class points. Rounding our Team Pirelli was Cernic’s Kawasaki rider Dusty Klatt, who is from Canada and now resides in Riverside, Calif. Klatt finished 20th in the AMA Supercross class main event.
Brady Sheren, of Surrey, B.C., led the field of Pirelli-backed lites class riders, finishing a season-best fourth place in the main event after finishing second in his heat race. KTM’s Ryan Lockhart turned in a ninth-place finish while Dane Marsack finished 15th. Rockstar Suzuki Teammates Tyler Medaglia, of Kemptville, ON, and Willie Browning, of Rushville, Ohio, finished 20th and 22nd respectively.
This weekend’s AMA Supercross Lites class race was not contingent on a season-long points race.
AMA Supercross Class Results, Toronto
- Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Yamaha
- Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda
- Davi Millsaps, Cairo, Ga., Honda
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda
- Josh Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Yamaha
- Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., KTM
- Tim Ferry, Dade City, Fla., Kawasaki
- Troy Adams, Homosassa, Fla., Honda
- Charles Summey, Huntersville, N.C., Yamaha
- Jason Thomas, Melrose, Fla., Honda
- Eric Sorby, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Pirelli/Honda
16. Jeff Gibson, Thornville, Ohio, Pirelli/Kawasaki
17. Jake Marsack, Berlin, Mich., Pirelli/Kawasaki
20. Dusty Klatt, Riverside, Calif., Pirelli/Kawasaki
AMA Supercross Class Season Standings
- Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Yamaha, 262
- Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda, 242
- Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda, 190
- Davi Millsaps, Cairo, Ga., Honda, 184
- Tim Ferry, Largo, Fla., Kawasaki, 151
- Joshua Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Yamaha, 151
- Nathan Ramsey, Menifee, Calif., Yamaha, 137
- David Vuillemin, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki, 123
- Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., KTM, 110
- Paul Carpenter, Ithaca, N.Y., Honda, 107
14. Jake Marsack, Berlin, Mich., Pirelli/Kawasaki 65
15. Eric Sorby, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Pirelli/Honda, 64
AMA Supercross Lites Class Results, Toronto
- Shaun Skinner, Stuart, Fla., Honda
- Matt Boni, Oviedo, Fla., Honda
- Kyle Cunningham, Fort Worth, Texas, Honda
- Brady Sheren, Surrey, B.C., Pirelli/Suzuki
- Kyle Tobin, Climax, Ga., Kawasaki
- Levi Kilbarger, Logan, Ohio, Honda
- Nathan Skaggs, Bainbridge, Ohio, Honda
- Kyle Keylon, Brooksville, Fla., Honda
- Ryan Lockhart, Spring Hill, NS, Pirelli/KTM
- Jack Carpenter, Ithaca, N.Y., Honda
15. Dane Marsack, Allenton, Mich., Pirelli/Honda
20. Tyler Medaglia, Kemptville, ON, Pirelli/Suzuki
22. Willie Browning, Rushville, Ohio, Pirelli/Suzuki
Pirelli Tire North America specializes in manufacturing and marketing high-performance tires for passenger vehicles, motorcycles, ATV’s and motorsports. An industry leader in technology and quality, Pirelli operates its highly advanced Modular Integrated Robotized System (MIRS) in Rome, Georgia, to better serve the American OEM and Replacement markets. For more information please visit: www.us.pirelli.com.
“http://www.us.pirelli.com/” href=”http://www.us.pirelli.com” target=”_blank”>www.us.pirelli.com.