Timed qualifying has just come to a close at the 2018 Arlington Supercross, the seventh round of the 2018 Monster Energy Supercross Series. For riders in the 450 class, this stop in Texas is just another day at the track but for the 250 class, this marks the start of the East Region championship. The afternoon was spent learning the fast way around the layout at AT&T Stadium and when the final checkered flag flew, two Kawasaki riders had clocked the quickest laps of the day.
250 CLASS | TIMED QUALIFYING REPORT
– Martin Davalos set the pace in Texas, as the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki rider was at the top of the board at the conclusion of both sessions, with a 49.475 being his best lap.
– Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha Factory Racing rider Dylan Ferrandis was ranked second in the final results, thanks to a 49.496 lap time.
– Reigning 250 East Coast region champion Zach Osborne stayed on the scoreboard for the full afternoon and a 49.511 lap put the Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna rider third in the final standings.
– This weekend is the first time that Jimmy Decotis has raced the AutoTrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing motorcycle, but he was quick and comfortable on the track. A 49.678 put him fourth overall in the class.
– After three rounds of racing in the 450 class, Jeremy Martin is back to his normal GEICO Honda motorcycle from this point on. Martin was fifth in the final results with a 50.118 lap.
450 CLASS | TIMED QUALIFYING REPORT
– After two tough weeks, it looks like Eli Tomac is set to rebound in Texas. The Monster Energy Kawasaki rider was the quickest racer of the entire field with a 48.395 lap time.
– Cooper Webb continues to improve on the track, as the Monster Energy/Knich/Yamaha Factory Racing rider was the fastest rider in the first session of the day and wound up second in the final results with a 48.803 lap.
– Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna’s Jason Anderson was quick throughout the afternoon and a 48.851 put the incoming championship leader third overall in the final standings.
– Red Bull KTM’s Marvin Musquin had a rather uneventful afternoon, but he was fourth fastest in the 450 class with a 48.936 lap at the end of the sessions.
– Blake Baggett claimed fifth in the standings with a 49.088 lap on his Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM.