RED BUD, USA – Motocross of Nations is THE one event of the year where the best athletes in the world have the chance to compete all together, no matter what championship they are from – AMA Supercross, MXGP, National Championships – not only individually, but most importantly for the pride of the nations they represent. This is the "Olympics of Motocross" – this is the nation's battle.
This year sees the spectacle return to American soil for the first time since 2010, and to celebrate the occasion Alpinestars has created the Limited Edition Union 18 Tech 7 boot and gear set. Featuring an iconic red, white and blue color scheme, the striking Limited Edition Union 18 gear allows Motocross fans to bring the same look and performance of the top racers at the MXON to their local track.
The CE certified Tech 7 is an advanced and protective boot that incorporates innovative materials and technology in a streamlined design for a lighter, more anatomically profiled performer. The Union 18 blends all of the performance properties of the Tech 7 in an eye-catching colorway that screams patriotism from every angle.
The Limited Edition Union 18 gear set has been designed to be paired with the Union 18 boots. The Union 18 Aviator gloves, Supertech jersey and pants feature the same technical innovations and performance as the rest of our Motocross range, with the distinctive color combination allowing dirt riders to hit the track in a bold outfit that exudes style and confidence. Alpinestars Team USA riders Eli Tomac and Justin Barcia will be wearing the Limited Edition Union 18 boots and gear set during the competition.
• Boot chassis designed with an ergonomically profiled forefoot and lower toe-box to provide easier shifting and improved rear brake feel and control.
• Incorporating an innovative one-piece injected dual compound foot shell with co-injected hard toe protector and integrated steel shank. The shell is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, adds to the boot's overall durability and improves the boot's streamlining.
• Upper constructed from innovative microfiber material that is flexible and abrasion resistant. Upper material is reinforced with PU for high levels of water-resistance and durability and improved weight-saving performance. Material ensures consistent fit even for long-term use and is easy to maintain and clean.
• The Limited Edition Union 18 Tech 7 Boot is CE certified to EN 13634:2010 and features a unique, high strength sole construction offering durability and protective performance
• Contoured calf protector plate is injected with high modulus polymer for impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestars' developed blade flex system for greater precision control and movement, added protection for heel and Achilles tendon and helps prevent hyperflexion.
• New TPU ankle protection system incorporating a biomechanical link between the middle and bottom sections of the boot helping prevent damage to the leg by providing progressive force relief for torsional forces.
• Alpinestars developed TPU shin plate and medial protection are constructed from one single part for greater structural integrity and stability.
• The TPU medial side panel incorporates an advanced honeycomb rubber insert and is designed for excellent grip against the bike while guarding against impact.
• New dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated into the base structure for superior durability and features high performing rubber grip patterning and enhanced feel. The sole and footpeg insert are replaceable.
• The anatomically profiled shin plate features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap attached with Velcro® for a precise fit closure while the rugged and durable shin plate attached securely with a precision adjustable buckle.
• Wide entry aperture for convenience and allows broad ranging calf fit adjustment and support.
• Innovative buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory settings and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance. All buckles are replaceable.
• Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones construction for superior comfort, control and support.
• Extended microfiber gaiter helps prevent excessive water and dirt entry.
• Internal lining includes anti-slip microfiber suede on the heel to help keep foot in position.
• Soft foam reinforcement on ankles and collar for long lasting comfort and shock absorption.
• New, dual compound, removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra top for comfort and support ensures even weight distribution and reinforced heel.
Supertech is Alpinestars innovative new motocross apparel line, designed for superior racing performance. With a new performance design for an athletic fit, a chassis consisting entirely of advanced stretch mesh and an ultra-lightweight construction, the Supertech Jersey is Alpinestars lightest ever MX jersey, featuring a host of race-proven technologies such as the innovative floating arm construction for superior freedom of movement and an extended back panel to maintain a flawless riding fit.
• Ultra-lightweight advanced fabric main construction for moisture-wicking and performance fit. Jersey features a more fitted, lightweight design.
• Chassis consists of stretch mesh chassis with open mesh inserts on arms and side torso for high levels of cooling airflow.
• Innovative, fully floating arm construction offers excellent freedom of movement.
• Neck and sleeves feature fully tape-welded hems for reduced weight and improved levels of comfort.
• Pre-curved sleeves for maximum comfort and performance fit.
• Extended rear design helps maintain perfect riding fit.
• Sublimated fade-resistant graphics.
Supertech is Alpinestars innovative new Motocross apparel line, designed for superior racing performance. Featuring an innovative performance fit design, a chassis consisting of advanced stretch material and an ultra-lightweight construction. With a simple, clean design and an aggressive look, the Supertech Pant incorporates a host of race-proved technologies for comfort and performance-winning pedigree in Supercross and Motocross.
• Meticulously designed to a new pattern fit to keep pant perfectly positioned while riding aggressively and to offer unrivaled levels of flexibility and movement.
• Main shell extensively constructed (80%) from advanced stretch fabric for superior freedom of movement. Textile fiber composition specifically developed by Alpinestars to offer high levels of mechanical properties, such as strength, elasticity and durability.
• Heavy (900 denier) reinforcements on seat area provide seam strength, durability and critical coverage.
• Strategically positioned stretch mesh inserts offer cooling comfort and freedom of movement.
• Leather panels on inner leg provide heat resistance, grip and comfort.
• Ratchet waist closure system offers precise, personalized and secure fit. Waist incorporates stretch inserts for adaptive fit and comfort.
• TPU reinforced knee area and on back for lightweight abrasion resistance.
• Welded hems on leg strength and reduced weight. Leg cuffs also feature stretch insert for easy on and off access.
• Advance poly-fabric mesh lining offer comfort and internal cooling.
• Interior brushed effect for excellent skin-contact comfort.
Lightweight, perforated and optimized for Motocross, the short cuff Aviator Glove incorporates a stretch textile chassis and synthetic suede reinforcements for high levels of grip, durability and comfort
• Stretch fabric top hand for excellent levels of flexibility and fit.
• Single-piece synthetic suede palm for reduced material construction to promote better grip and sensitivity on bike's levers.
• Palm and fingers feature localized perforations to prevent heat build-up.
• Innovative stretch insert in adductor (palm and thumb) for improved hand movement and lever control.
• Pre-curved finger shaping with finger gussets to reduce fatigue and aid mobility.
• Stretch mesh finger sidewalls for improved mobility.
• Reinforced thumb area for durability and seam stability.
• PU laser laminated zones on backhand for improved abrasion resistance.
• PU laser laminated grip areas on palm and fingers for improved lever control.
• Wrist features hook and loop grip closure plus neoprene for safe, comfortable and personalized fit.