Leatt GPX 4.5 Gear
SIZES: Jersey: Small-2XL | Pants: Extra Small-5XL (Available US sizes) | Gloves: Small-2XL
PRICES: Jersey: $34.99 | Pants: $119.99 | Gloves: $54.99
WHAT IT IS
Best known for their revolutionary neck brace protection that took the motocross industry by storm back in the early 2000s, Leatt has taken another step in protective wear for dirt bike and off-road enthusiasts alike, as they've recently thrown their hat into the ring of riding apparel. Releasing an all-new collection of gear for 2018 – which includes 2 lines of pants, jerseys, gloves, off-road jackets and more – Leatt didn't cut any corners in their sophomore year thanks to a number of unique traits featured on their products.
The GPX 4.5 gear line is Leatt's mid-range price collection that consists of high quality materials including MoistureCool X-Flow mesh, Ripstop stretch panels and 3D molded impact protection for your knees and hands. The 4.5 collection is trusted by Supercross/motocross racers Cole Martinez, Lorenzo Locurcio and Luke Purther, GNCC athlete Ryan Sipes, as well as FMX champion Dany Torres.
– The GPX 4.5 line is offered in a number of different styles and color ways ranging from your basic black and white setup to the bolder, more attention-getting options like the Lime/Teal color way.
– We personally tested the 4.5 X-Flow Blue/White jersey and were thoroughly impressed with the amount of ventilation offered over the entire garment. Perfect for those hot, sunny days.
– The cut of the 4.5 jersey was a nice surprise, as it wasn't too baggy around the torso or the sleeves, and the length is just right, as well.
– The legs on the GPX 4.5 pants come pre-curved at the knees for a true fit that's definitely noticeable once you swing a leg over the bike.
– The 4.5 pants also feature a built-in, 3D molded, fully-floating knee cap reinforcement for added protection during a crash, however they don't feel boxy or bulky on your knees even if you still prefer to wear knee-braces.
– Easy-to-use ratchet system on the waist of the GPX 4.5 pants.
– The GPX 4.5 Lite gloves also feature the same 3D molded impact protection for your hands and fingers.
– Leatt went with the less is more approach to their 4.5 gloves and we can appreciate the simplicity and comfort of the overall fit.
– Although the GPX 4.5 pants legs are spot on length wise, the fit of the waist was off. In this case, the test rider was a size 28 waist and the pants used for the test were size 30 waist (Small), however, the waist still fit entirely too tight. Almost to the point were we couldn't buckle the ratchet system.
– The pants are pretty baggy at the end of each leg, which can be a little uncomfortable if you prefer to wear boots with some sort of insert or ankle protection.
Leatt came out swinging in 2018 with all-new lines of gear, and we're genuinely impressed with the product. Leatt is world-renowned for their advancements in neck protection, and you can rest easy knowing that they've implemented the same passion for rider safety in the construction of their all-new line of riding gear.