Need a rundown of the 2017 Muddy Creek MX? We have quite the recap from round five of the 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. Do we need more of an introduction or do you just want motocross news?
– It wasn’t until the end of the day that we realized Josh Grant and Michael Mosiman were MIA for the day. Grant had a crash during timed qualifying and the Monster Energy Kawasaki rider sat out the day with an arm injury, so he’s undergoing examinations during the week to make sure it’s not too serious. As for Mosiman, the Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna rider took a hit to the shoulder at High Point and is out for a bit to let it recover.
– There are huge variances in points between certain riders in both classes. Take a look at the standings in our race report, which shows how close some riders are to each other and how much the margins have gained between others.
– Carson Tickle should win an award for the way he dismounted his Honda in a crash over the finish line. When the bike went into a flip on the face of the jump, Tickle bailed off, landed on his feet, and ran to the side of the track.
– Will we have a true rain race this year? We’ve gotten very lucky this year with storms hitting early and track crews going to work to save the circuits from becoming sloppy messes.
– Entry numbers are much, much higher on the East Coast than they were on the West Coast. Muddy Creek saw 73 riders sign up for the 450 class and 52 riders sign up for the 250 class.